This Car Made Of Lego Bricks Has A Top Speed Of 30 km/h
1. The hot rod was the brainchild of Raul and Melbourne-based entrepreneur and marketer Steve Sammartino.
2. Here it is in action.
The project was crowd funded, after Sammartino sent out a tweet which said: “Interested in investing $500 – $1,000 in a project which is awesome and a world first tweet me. Need about 20 participants.”
3. The car was constructed in the Oaida family garage in in Hunedoara, 400 km away from Bucharest, before being shipped to a secret location in Melbourne, Australia.
Sammarino told the BBC: “What I am is a technology enthusiast and I wanted to show what is possible when you crowd-fund an idea and use young talented people. I met this crazy Romanian teenager on the web and we came up with the idea but I knew that I couldn’t afford to fund it,”
4. It took 18 months to build, and features four orbital engines and 256 pistons.
5. And it runs on compressed air.
6. The young Romanian designer is making a name for himself online, having previously built a jet engine-powered bicycle.
7. He’s also sent a Lego shuttle 35,000 km into space on a helium balloon.
Previous Post: Watch The Bruce Lee Of Bartending Do What He Does Best
Next Post: 35 Things We’ve All Learned From Life