Community Post: 15 Invaluable Life Lessons We Learned From ’90s Pop Culture
1. Bug Juice taught us that if you break the rules, there will be consequences.
The mystery of what Eve did to get kicked out of Camp Waziyatah still lingers. Cigarettes? Drugs? Caffeine pills?
2. Clueless gave us important dating advice to use even today.
Also, only trust Polaroids.
3. The Secret World of Alex Mack made us suspicious of chemicals and secret government agencies.
4. Real men are in touch with their feelings, like Dawson from Dawson’s Creek.
Let it out, Dawson, you hopeless romantic.
5. Full House reminded us it’s normal to have moments of self-doubt.
6. Legends of the Hidden Temple showed us LIFE ISN’T FAIR.
There are infinitely more wrong turns than right ones.
7. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey taught us that sometimes the hardest thing is knowing when to let go.
Shadow, you wonderful wise sage. We’re still crying!
8. Man of the House gave us fun pranks to try on our mom’s boyfriends before we ultimately accept them.
And JTT showed us what human perfection looks like.
9. 3 Ninjas showed us the power of physical fitness, which extra handy in case you ever had to take on some kidnappers.
*Signs up for karate class*
10. Two words: GIRL. POWER.
They taught us well.
11. We knew to boycott Sea World early on thanks to Free Willy.
The OG Blackfish.
12. The Secret of Nimh showed us that fear is real and occasionally justified.
Even the GIF is terrifying.
13. Fashion, bedroom goals, and life advice was provided in abundance by Clarissa Explains It All.
14. Your sleepover party game was on point because of Mary-Kate and Ashley’s inspirational You’re Invited series.