23 Charming Photos That Prove The Victorian Era Had The Best Fashion
Dash my wig!
Let’s get real for a second: there are a lot of important moments in fashion history, but nothing is as fierce as the Victorian Era.
1. What other era brought us these stylish top hats?
Two random gents looking fierce as hell as they model a perfect combo of top hats, capes, walking canes, and some killer trousers.
2. And this dapper bowler hat?
It’s time for the smug face.
3. The Victorians even made soccer classy.
Top hats make a pretty useful helmet tbh.
4. Courting in the 1800s never looked better.
5. Plus who can deny that sideburns, a gorgeous velvet jacket, and a cravat aren’t an inspiration to us all?
This dude is totally basking in his hipster glory.
6. Men of 2015, take note of these perfect three piece suits.
I expect every man to be wearing these ASAP. You all have 24 hours.
7. The Victorians also happened to deck out their soldiers in immense swag.
He’s sailing straight into our hearts with that buttoned up jacket.
8. Forget flaunting fit bodies on the beach, it was all about showing off the latest swimsuit.
Complete with a cape and heels. WORK IT, GIRL.
9. If you wanted to look super fashionable while being athletic, it wasn’t a problem.
♫ They see me rollin’, they hatin’ ♫
10. Or if you wanted to play your favorite sport, you could still look hot while winning first place.
FYI, she’s definitely hiding another racket under her skirt.
11. Compared to today’s hairstyles, women in the Victorian era were killing the game.
“If you touch my hair, I’ll kill you.” – Every Victorian woman.
13. Walking down any street meant you would see an array of fancy dresses with equally elaborate umbrellas.
BRB going to the store and looking classy as hell.
14. There were ample opportunities to show off new fashions while driving the latest vehicle around town.
Even the chauffeur had mad style.
15. Women could do so much with their dress selections.
Did you want to maximize your booty? No worries, there were a plethora of magnificent hoop skirts to solve your problems.
16. They could play it casual in a ruffled skirt with ribbons.
Nothing like some ribbons to spice things up.
17. They could add more variety with a polka dotted gown paired with a high collar.
They were the masters of polka dots way before Yayoi Kusama turned them into art.
18. Or they could keep it simple with a belted jacket over a matching skirt.
The possibilities for swag were endless.
19. To up the stakes, the Victorians draped fresh flowers down the back of dresses.
Keeping it fresh, 24/7.
20. And added intricate details to the dress designs.
Gorgeous hair + insanely decorated bust = the best fashion choice of all time.
21. The children didn’t miss out on the fun either… of course they all looked adorable in their playtime attire.
22. Though their fashion peaked during winter with these gorgeous coats and hat selections.
23. Basically everyone in the family looked their fanciest at all times.
Who cares if you need to get some farm work done, you’re going to look magnificent while sweating profusely.